Invited keynotes, presentations and panels
- Invited speaker, presentation and discussion ‘Sustainability, Design, Education’ in Nurske Reading Seminar, Ragnar Nurske Department on Innovation and Governance, Tallinn University of Technology (EE), 12.05.2022 (by zoom)
- Invited speaker, presentation ‘Grassroots Sustainability and Everyday Design’, Inscape ‘Project81’ initiative for design students, South Africa, 12.04.2022 (by zoom)
- Invited session presenter ‘Research papers’ with Peter Troxler during FABTV event, 11.08.2021, FAB16 Conference organized by FAB16 Montreal and Fab Foundation (9-15.08.2021). https://youtu.be/oSS9aXOYtJY
- ‘Commoning Care in Grassroots Maker Communities’ invited presentation in ‘Designing the Commons’ seminar (26.11-17.12.2020) organized by Loughborough University London (UK), online event, 26.11.2020.
- Presenter and panelist in ‘Rebooting Economies’ session, FABxLive online event organized by the International Fab Lab Network and Fab Foundation (27.07-31.07.2020), 29.07.2020.
- Keynote ‘Distributed Production in Practice: Public-Community Collaboration’, Sharing Islands symposium organized by Commonomia and SharEEN project, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (28.11.2018) and La Laguna, Tenerife (29.11.2018), Canary Islands (ES).
- ‘Makers Making Sustainability’ invited presentation, COWERK symposium ‘Werkstätten des Wandels – Wie in FabLabs, Makerspaces und RepairCafés Innovationen entstehen’ organized by the COWERK project and Institute of Ecological Economics at Open Innovation Space, FabLab Berlin (DE), 25.10.2017.
- Keynote ‘Maker Culture, Social Innovation and Sustainability’ in conference ‘3er Foro Internacional Desarrollo Sustentable: Innovación Social para la Sustentabilidad para Economías Emergentes’ (7-9.9.2016), at Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Azcapotzalco, Mexico City (MX), 8.9.2016.
- Keynote ‘FabLabs as open urban workshops’; participation in panel discussion ‘Situating sustainable behaviour’, at PLATSEN 2016 (15-16.11.2016), Sliperiet, Umeå University, Umeå (SE), 16.11.2016.
- ‘Making Sustainability’ invited presentation at Sustainable Innovation 2016 conference (6-7.11.2016), at University for the Creative Arts, Epsom (GB), 7.11.2016.
- ‘Aalto Fablab’ invited presentation in Europeana Food and Drink workshop ‘Europeana Open Labs: Digital Economy of cultural heritage and the creative industries’, organized by Instituto Andaluz del Patrimonio Histórico (IAPH, Andalusian Historical Heritage Institute) and University of Rome “La Sapienza”), at International University of Andalusia, Seville (ES), 29.01.2016.
Talks for the general public
- Organizer and host of online webinar event ‘Alternative Histories in DIY Cultures and Maker Utopias’ with Yana Boeva and Peter Troxler to launch Special Issue of Digital Culture & Society. Speakers Simon Sadler and Peter Harper, Kostas Latoufis, Ellen Foster, Regina Sipos, Suné Stassen and Felix Holm, David Cuartielles, Emilio Velis, Svetlana Usenyuk-Kravchuk, Samantha Shorey, Kat Jungnickel, Jesse Adams Stein, 29.04.2021.
- Speaker in discussion event ‘Open Design in a Global Health Crisis’ with David Cuartielles Ruíz and César García Sáez, NODUS Talks series, online event, 25.03.2021.
- Invited panel member, Design Culture Salon 30 ‘How do Finnish DIY movements thrive?’ public event, Aalto University, 11.12.2019.
- Invited speaker, presentation ‘”Commoning” Care in a Code of Conduct’, public seminar ‘Social Tools: Money, Power and Conflict’ (27-29.09.2019), organized by Pixelache, Caisa, Helsinki, 27.09.2019.
- Invited speaker, presentation ‘Urban Maker-Activists’, Welfare City Futures seminar, Aalto University, 12.03.2019.
- Co-host, organizing team member and speaker at discussion event ‘30 Years of Sustainability and Collaboration’, Embassy of Circularity, Dutch Design Week, Eindhoven, the Netherlands, 10.2018.
- Speaker, presentation ‘Designing the Next (more just, sustainable) Industrial Revolution’, Design Research Fast Talks event for the general public, Helsinki City Hall, Helsinki Design Week, 09.2018.
- Speaker in presentation and panel discussion ‘Active citizens and consumers’, with Sampsa Hyysalo and Eeva Berglund, ‘Book Talks’ series, Helsinki Design Week, Design Museum, Helsinki, 09.2017.
- Speaker in discussion event ‘Open Design. Open Society?’ with Jason Selvarajan, ‘NODUS Talks’ series, Design Museum, Helsinki, 06.2017.
- Speaker, presentation ‘Seeing is Believing: Environmental Issues in Fab Labs’, in festival ‘Koppelting: The great gathering of the commons’, Amersfoort, the Netherlands, 08.2016.
Slides and Videos